Howell Hylton is committed to protecting and respecting your personal information and privacy. This notice relates to the collection and use of your personal information. Any such information will be used in line with data protection laws and regulations.
- Who We Are And Our Contact Details
The data controller is Howell Hylton Ltd.
You can contact us regarding this notice or any other matter by telephone on 01209 613014, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Howell Hylton, 24 Cross Street, Camborne, Cornwall, TR14 8EX.
- Your Rights
You have various rights in relation to the data we hold upon you.
- The right of access – If you ask us, we'll confirm whether we're processing your personal information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that information
- The right to rectification – If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified.
- The right to erasure – You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances
- The right to restrict processing – You can ask us to 'block' or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- The right to data portability – You have the right in certain circumstances to obtain the information you have provided to us and to reuse it, or ask us to transfer it to a third party.
- The right to object – In certain circumstances you have the right to object to us processing your data.
- The Information That We Will Collect
In the course of our business we may collect both Personal and Special categories of data. Personal data may include name, address, email address and national insurance numbers. Due to the nature of our business we may also collect special categories of data, such as racial or ethnic origin, medical information and/or previous convictions.
The data may be collected through various means when acting on your behalf, including through communications with you and also with third parties.
- The Legal Basis For Using Your Information
It is necessary for us to use your personal information;
- To perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you.
- It is in our legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the Service to you in the best way that we can, and also to ensure that we comply with obligations required of us by agencies including the Solicitors Regulation Authority and the Legal Aid Agency.
- Sharing of information
We will ensure that your information remains within Howell Hylton except in the following circumstances:-
- Where it is in your best interests to disclose data to third parties for example when instructing Counsel or expert witnesses on your behalf.
- Where on occasions your file may be audited by outside agencies such as the Solicitors’ Regulation Authority, Legal Aid Agency or the Lexcel Practice Management Standard.
- When we use third party service providers to supply or support our services to you. In such circumstances we have confidentiality agreements with those providers
- Length of retention
Our data retention policy is dictated the requirements of our legal profession regulator, the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA), a copy of which can be requested.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your data you can do so by using the contact details above. If you are dissatisfied with our resolution of your complaint you may also complain to the Information Commissioners office at www.ico.org.uk